Application and admission
You are welcome to apply 1st of March 2018. The deadline for application for PhD studies is 31st of March 2018.
Information on vacant PhD positions will be available here from March 1, 2018 with application deadline March 31. The application shall be submitted digitally and a link will be posted here during the application period.
For admission to the PhD Programme in Business Studies, the applicant must meet the general and specific entry requirements that the Faculty Board has laid out and be considered to have the ability required to benefit from the PhD Programme in other respects. You can read more about this in the General Study Plan.
The application should include the following documents:
- Certified transcripts of academic records, diplomas and other relevant documents that prove general and special eligibility.
- A research proposal in English or Swedish. The research proposal should address the main research questions and the relevance of the project, relate the project to relevant previous research in the field, and present issues regarding data and methodology. If you apply for a PhD position related to a specific project, your proposal can be related to the project of your choice. The proposal can be a total of 12 000 characters including spaces, about 4-5 A4 pages.
- A motivation letter. In the motivation letter you have to specify which PhD position you are applying for.
- Thesis degree. Master thesis or equivalent, electronic copy of books, articles, scripts, in English or Swedish. Note that a Master thesis that has not yet been completed and assessed by the application deadline is given respite until May 30.
- CV or other documents of importance to your application.
- TOEFL test or equivalent tests (this applies to international students). However, note that applicants with a Master's degree from an English speaking University or Programme do not need to prove their English skills by submitting a TOEFL test.
- Two letters of reference/recommendation for example from University teachers or employers. The recommendation should state in what way the referent has known the applicant. We are particularly interested in an assessment of the applicant in terms of our admissions criteria. References should send their letters to email@example.com
Assessment of the application and Interview
An Evaluation Committee assesses the applications and provides a recommendation for which candidates should be called for interviews. Interviews of selected candidates take place at the end of April. Further, a specific assignment will be handed out to selected applicants among those interviewed. The Head of Department, in consultation with the Department's Admission Committee, makes the decision of who to admit. Final decisions are made at the end of May.
The PhD position
The PhD position is primarily directed at the students research education, which lasts four years. There are local guidelines for PhD students that applies for a doctoral studentship. A person may be employed as a doctoral student for a maximum of eight years, but no longer than the equivalent of four years of full-time study.