The PhD Program in Business Studies comprises a total of 240 credits, of which 90 credits consist of courses and 150 credits of work with the PhD Thesis.
New PhD students follow a mandatory course program (SUBS) the first autumn semester which consists of four mandatory courses, a total of 30 credits.
The SUBS Program (Stockholm Uppsala Business Studies) is a joint effort between the Department of Business Studies at Uppsala University, Stockholm School of Economics and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU). Some of our PhD students also follow mandatory courses given within The Research Schools: Management och IT (MIT), Nord-IB (PhD program in International Business) and FIRE (The Research School in Accounting).
Doctoral courses offered 2018/2019:
The SUBS-program contains the following four mandatory courses, given
- Perspectives on Science and Research, Autumn 2018 (7.5hp), offered in Uppsala with start 6th Sept 2018. Course director: Professor Fredrik Tell. More information will come. Sign up here.
- Qualitative Methods (7.5hp), offered in Uppsala with start 27th Sept. 2018. Course director: Professor Linda Wedlin. More information will come. Sign up here.
- Quantitative Methods I (7.5hp), offered at SSE with start 1st Nov 2018. Course director: Rickard Sandberg, SSE. Please see SSEs website.
- Research Process (7.5hp), offered at SSE with start 1 dec. Course director: Professor Udo Zander, SSE. Please see SSEs website.
Other courses given AUTUMN 2018:
- Philosophy of Science and Methods in Multi- and Transdisciplinary Research (7,5hp), offered at UU, Campus Gotland, with start 3rd October 2018. Course directors: Jenny Helin and Anette Oxensvärdh. Application for participation should be sent to: Anette.firstname.lastname@example.org At the latest 31st of August 2018.
- Introduction to Multivariate Statistics (7.5hp), given in Uppsala Spring 2019. Course director: Professor James Sallis. More information will come. Sign up here
- Management, Organization and ICT (7.5hp), given in Uppsala University and Stockholm University Spring 2019. Course directors: Associate Professor Jan Lindvall (UU) and Professor Jan Löwstedt (SU). This course is mandatory to PhD students enrolled in the MIT research school. Others are welcome to join. MOre information will come. Sign up here
- The Art and Craft of Academic Writing (7,5hp). This course is postponed to Spring 2019. Course Director: Researcher Gundula Lücke. Sign up here. Note! This course is intended for doctoral students year two and up!
- Aesthetics and Art-Based Methods for Researching Action and Organization (7.5hp) given at Spring 2019 at UU, Campus Gotland. Course director: Professor Guillet de Monthoux. More information will come.
To sign-up, see the registration link next to the respective syllabus. Contact Golondrian Janke if you have any queries.
Doctoral students from other universities are welcome to participate, subject to availability of places. To sign up please follow the instructions to each course.
A course fee (5000:-) is charged doctoral students that do not belong to the U6 network (i.e. the universities of Göteborg, Linköping, Lund, Stockholm, Umeå, Uppsala, including MIT research school and Stockholm School of Economics). Please sign up by using the form Application for PhD Courses