Criteria for assessment of applications
Once the deadline for application for postgraduate studies in Business Studies has passed, the processing of applications begins.
Routines for assessment
- The applications are assessed, to see whether they meet the eligibility requirements. Applicants who do not meet the eligibility requirements are given notice of rejection.
- The Admissions Committee, consisting of the department's professors and associate professors, makes a first selection among the applicants within three weeks after the application deadline (31 March) on the basis of submitted documents and established criteria.
- Selected persons are called for interviews. Other researchers at the department may also participate in the interviews.
- Selected persons among those interviewed shall do a written assignment, consisting of reading a selected article (or articles) and do a brief analysis.
- A final assessment is made by the Admissions Committee and the final decision is taken by the Head of Department.
- The decisions of admission or rejection are normally taken by the Head of Department. Exceptions are specified in the General Study Plan.
- The decision of admission is communicated individually no later than July 1, or, where applicable, when the financing is determined. The PhD position normally starts 1 September.
Criteria for assessment
- Study background and qualifications: the training /courses the applicant has completed and with what result.
- Theses; Master thesis and other written work.
- The applicant's ability to benefit from postgraduate studies in business studies according to criteria of methodological rigor, theoretical awareness, critical thinking, independence and originality as well as communication skills.
- Research focus and opportunities for tutoring. A prerequisite is that the department can offer a favourable research environment and supervision for the research project in question.