The research group consists of about 20 researchers including PhD students, and a network of external researchers who are associated with the group. Our research in international business has an established reputation, especially in the field of studies of the internationalisation process of firms, widely known as the “Uppsala School”, and the management of the multinational corporation (MNC). The group organises regular research seminars (USIB) that includes presentations by internal as well as external researchers. Seminars are held every second week and are scheduled in the calendar below. The group also plays a central role within the NORD-IB research school.
Our vision is to develop and sustain high quality research in International Business that is internationally recognised. The strategy is to take well-thought-out steps that develop our traditional IB-research stream, but also to be receptive to contemporary societal international phenomena that call for new research. The strategy embraces continuous updating of our theoretical and methodological competences. We publish and contribute to the debate in core IB-journals but are also seeking to publish in more general highly esteemed journals of management, strategy, and organisation.
Contact: Ulf Holm, Professor of International Business
Research themes and projects
- Lingshuang Kong and Cong Su awarded The Copenhagen Business School Prize
- Uppsala students participated in L'Oréal Brandstorm 2020 Nordic Final
- The research school NORD-IB celebrated 20 years!
- Jan Johanson and Jan Erik Vahlne received the JIBS Decade Award for 2019
- Cong Su awarded the 1st Prize of the 2019 EDAMBA Thesis Competition