Master's Alumni presentation

This presentation is based on surveys performed in 2015 and 2020. The surveys were sent out to students that started one of our Master's Programmes during 2007-2012 and 2013-2016. During this period we offered both one-year and two-year Master's Programmes:

  • Master's Programme in Auditing, Accounting and Analysis (SUMA)
  • Master's Programme in Business and Management - consisting of five tracks in Entrepreneurship, Management Controlling, Management in a Global Society, Management of International Business and Strategic Marketing Management.
  • One-year Master's Programme in Social Analysis of Economy and Organisation (only in the 2020 survey)
  • One-year Master's Programme in Sustainable Management (only in the 2020 survey)
  • One-year Master's Programme in Accounting (only in the 2020 survey)

Of the respondents, 75 % had a Swedish Bachelor's Degree and 25 % a Bachelor's Degree from another country. During 2007-2012 there were no international admission to our Master's Programmets. The separate international admission began in 2013. The number of students with a non-Swedish Bachelor's Degree is therefor higher today.

Interviews with Master's alumni

To what do Master studies in Business lead?

Current occupation

84 % work full time and have a fixed position. The other 16 % are either part-time workers, PhD Students or own their own company.

KlockaTime to first job after graduation

0-2 months 68 %
3-5 months 15 %
6-8 months 8 %
9 months or more 6 %

Currens salary

0 - 30 000 SEK 28 %
30 001 - 40 000 SEK 33 %
40 001 - 50 000 SEK 23 %
50 001 - 60 000 SEK 7 %
60 001 SEK - 9 %

How they got their first job

Website - such as LinkedIn or the employers website 56 %
Internship 14 %
Connections 12 %
Request from employer 6 %
Recruitment Firm 7 %
Request to employer 7 %
Trainee spot 5 %
Former employer 4 %
Newspaper add 2 %
Job market event 4 %
Unemployment office 2 %


Study abroad

No - 76 %
Yes - 24 % - where?

Pil

Asia
- China
- Japan
- South Korea

North Amerika
- USA
- Canada

Europe
- Germany
- England
- Spain

Did an internship during the Master's studies

No - 42 %
Yes - 52 %

Of those who did an Internship, 84 % believes it helped them get a job after they finished their Master's studies. They either got a job at the Internship place, got the required experience, or got a good reference.

Potential work titles

A degree in Business is sought after in all parts of society, both in private and in public sector. Work titles our alumni have are:

  • Accountant
  • Account manager
  • Analysist
  • Bank Advisor
  • Business Controller
  • CEO
  • Consultant
  • Project Leader/Manager
  • PhD Student
  • Strategy Consultant
  • Team Leader/Manager
  • Trainee

Sectors our alumni's work within

Auditing/
Accounting
Consultant Financial
Sector
Media/
Communication
Non-Profit
Organisation
Retail IT Manufacturing

Specialisation within Business studies

Marketing 20 %
Organisation / Management 20 %
International Business 18 %
Controlling 18 %
Auditing / accounting 8 %
Entrepreneurship 8 %
Finance 6 %

Potential employers
  • Deloitte
  • Google
  • H&M
  • KPMG
  • L'Oréal
  • PwC
  • SEB
  • Swedbank
  • Uppsala University
Last modified: 2021-05-11