Application process for Master students
As a Master's student you can apply for Exchange studies during your third semester. The application round is January - February. Available partner universities and number of places vary from year to year. After the initial deadline remaining places may be published.
Before you apply, please go through the information concerning our partner universities, their course catalogs and travel reports. Do make sure that the universities you apply for have courses that you are interested in. As a Master's student, you are eligible to study both on an undergraduate and graduate level.
In order to apply for an exchange you need to complete a two step process:
- Fill out the online application and attach the documents below. The link will only be available during the application period.
Complete a hard copy of your application, then scan and send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include the following:
- Application form for Master level exchange
- Personal Letter (please see instructions below)
- If you have incomplete courses, please explain in a separate document (for example word document) how you plan to finish these.
The Personal Letter shall include the following:
- introducing yourself in Swedish or English
- academic motivation explaining your first choice university
- academic motivation for the intended subject of your studies
- explaining the exchange university's semester dates, exam period etc. and how this fits with your studies at Uppsala university and the semester dates here
- other merits such as language skills, non-academic merits and the ability to be a good representative for Uppsala University.
In order to complete the application process you need to fill out both the online application form and hand in the scanned application documents. Incomplete or late applications will not be processed.
- Be aware of overlapping semester dates! If the dates overlap you need to contact the teacher for the course you are going to study and ask for permission to arrive late to the course.
- Travel reports are an important source of information for students going on an exchange.
- Make sure to be well informed about various requirements such as Visa application, health certificate and other necessary documentation. Any costs associated with these documents are paid by the student.
- Remember to apply to your host university, arrange for housing, Visa, plane tickets, etc. on time. Make sure not to delay it as it can affect your study abroad.
What happens after I hand in the application?
If we have any questions regarding your application we will contact you through email or phone, so make sure to check your email and spam regularly.
The results will be published after the deadline for submission. Make sure to answer on time or you will loose your place.