Partial transfer of credits

Students that have passed a course, that equals parts of another course that he/she is registered on, might be able to do a partial transfer of credits. This is usually applicable to students that have unfinished parts of a course or when a course is discontinued. In order to do a partial transfer of credits, the content of the two courses needs to be equal.

When a partial transfer of credits is made it will show in Ladok how many credits of the course that have been transferred, from what course and from what other University. Note that you cannot use credits twice in a degree and that your possibility to get student aid/scholarship might be affected.


In order for us to assess an application, it needs to be stated who the student is, what the student have studied and passed; and what course the student which to do a partial transfer of studies to. The easiest way to do this is by e-mailing the Student Councellor,, the following documents:

The application is handled by the Student Councellor at the Department of Business Studies. The teacher grading the course makes the decision if a partial transfer of studies will be made or not. In order for an assessment to be made, the student needs to be admitted and registered on the course at Uppsala University.